Micro-Air EasyStart 364 Soft Starter ASY-364-X20-IP
FREE INSTALL KIT INCLUDED!
- Additional information
EasyStart – The most advanced & effective soft starter for all A/C applications
EasyStart is a one-of-a-kind, custom-developed soft starter for single-phase motors. It employs a 4-part start ramp sequence that is self-optimizing, resulting in the lowest possible start-up current. EasyStart can deliver 65-75% start current reduction as compared to a compressor’s LRA (locked-rotor amperage). EasyStart is the perfect solution that allows an air conditioner or refrigeration compressor to operate on a generator, inverter, or limited utility power when it would otherwise not have functioned. It can also be applied to air compressor and fluid pump motors.
- Easy Start your A/C without buying a second or bigger generator or inverter
- Run 2 air conditioners on a 30-Amp cord. (Note: Each A/C requires an EasyStart unit)
- Sleep, with less noise, and cool all through the night
- Run your A/C with more appliances at the same time
- Add an A/C unit at low cost by putting an inexpensive EasyStart on each. Avoids expensive rewiring of the entire RV to upgrade to 50-amp.
- Convenient installation kit for wiring an RV Rooftop A/C unit is available. (sold separately)
- The standard version can support both 115-230VAC/50-60Hz motors, and the RV version supports only 115V/50-60Hz motors.
- Has numerous specialized fault checks not found in any other soft starter to provide further protection for your compressor.
- The EasyStart 364 is capable of supporting up to a 36000 BTU (3 ton) compressor. It includes a unique water resistant and UV protected enclosure with an integrated mounting flange.
- Specialized models exist for various applications.
- All of our EasyStart 364 models come equipped with side-angled “flag connectors to attach to the run capacitor in your installation. They work well in any limited space. If you prefer, you may clip them off in favor of your preferred connector.
Will EasyStart allow me to start and run my 13.5K or 15K RV A/C on a Honda EU2000i?
Yes, but one must exercise some fairly strict power management since many A/Cs can consume 1700-1900W in hot weather. Also, the Honda sy may not have enough power at or above 4000′ altitude. (Rejetting the carburetor may extend this higher.) We have many satisfied EasyStart customers using this Honda generator with all brands of rooftop air conditioners. EasyStart starts and runs these compressors even with the generator’s ECO mode turned on. What about using one of the many other inverter generators on the market competing with Honda? All generators are not created equally and in some cases, you get what you pay for. Your best source right now is to search the many blogs and message boards on the net and check the reviews for the generator you are interested in.
How difficult is installation in an RV?
EasyStart mounts inside the rain shield on a rooftop unit. The wires are run to the electric box and connected to four points in the box. We have many wiring diagrams available for rooftop units and in some cases complete installation guides. Although most customers install EasyStart themselves, a few opt to have it installed by their RV dealer, HVAC technician or electrician.
Will EasyStart void my compressor warranty?
Some RV owners worry that their installation of an EasyStart 364 might in some way void the manufacturer’s warranty on their rooftop AC unit’s compressor motor. Legally, it shouldn’t. But you never know what a manufacturer might assert. Micro-Air is quite confident that its product cannot damage your compressor. We do recommend that if you have a potential warranty issue that you consider removing EasyStart to avoid any issues related to its installation. We do offer an Extended Warranty
Will Easy Start shorten or extend the life of my compressor?
No. EasyStart operates only during the start of the motor then switches itself out of circuit. Since most compressors fail mechanically before they fail electrically, EasyStart does not change the longevity of the compressor.