Morningstar SunSaver Solar Charge Controller SS-MPPT-15L
- Additional information
The Morningstar SunSaver SS-MPPT-15L MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems. The controller features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV and also provides load control to prevent over discharge of the battery.
The SunSaver MPPT is well suited for both professional and consumer PV applications including automatic lighting control. Its charging process has been optimized for long battery life and improved system performance. This product is epoxy encapsulated for environmental protection, may be adjusted by the user via four settings switches or connection to a personal computer, and has an optional remote meter and battery temperature sensor.
SunSaver SS-MPPT-15L Key Features and Benefits:
Maximizes Energy Harvest
- Peak efficiency of over 97%
- Almost no power losses
- Recognition of multiple power peaks during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Excellent performance at low solar insolation levels
Use of High Voltage Modules
- Enables the use of high voltage and thin film modules for off-grid battery charging.
Higher Voltage PV Arrays
- Provides a means to use a higher voltage PV array to charge either a 12V or 24V battery.
Lower System Cost
- Less expensive than other MPPT controllers and is affordable in smaller PV systems up to 400Wp. Allows system costs to be reduced by down-sizing the PV array, using on-grid or thin film modules and decreasing cable sizes.
- Automatically disconnects loads when the battery has been discharged to a low state of charge.
Personal Computer Connectivity
- USB MeterBus Adapter for laptop compatibility
- PC MeterBus Adapter for RS-232
- Fully adjustable user selection via on-board preset switches or customized with PC connection
- Advanced automatic custom programmable lighting control with a PC connection
- Extensive controller and system data is provided by the status LED’s and optional meter. Monitoring is also available with a personal computer
- 30 days of internal data logging of key PV system operating parameters
- Mechanical dimensions are less than other MPPT controllers, making it easier to install in equipment enclosures.
- Efficient electronics, a conservative thermal design and tropicalization result in high reliability and long life
Extensive Electronic Protections
- Fully protected against most system errors and faults
Longer Battery Life
- Efficient MPPT tracking and 4-stage charging increases
SunSaver SS-MPPT-15L Electrical Specifications:
- Peak Efficiency: 97.5%
- Nominal Battery Voltage: 12 or 24 volts
- Maximum Battery Charging Current: 15 amps
- Battery Voltage Range: 7-36 volts
- Maximum PV Open Circuit Voltage: 60 volts
- Rated Load Current: 15 amps
- Self Consumption: 35 milliamps
- Transient Surge Protection: 4 x 1500 Watts