Micro-Air Easy Start 368 Soft Starter for Residential Home & Commercial
$327.25 – $329.12
- Additional information
EasyStart is the most advanced & effective soft starter for all A/C applications. The EasyStart is a one-of-a-kind, custom developed soft starter for single-phase motors like those used in the home and commercial contexts. It employs a 4-part start ramp sequence that is self-optimizing, resulting in the lowest possible start-up current. EasyStart can deliver a start current reduction of up to 75% of a compressor’s LRA (locked-rotor amperage). EasyStart is the perfect solution that allows an air conditioner or refrigeration compressor to operate on a generator, inverter, or limited utility power when it would otherwise not have functioned. It can also be applied to air compressors and fluid pump motors.
Micro-Air 368 Features:
- Perfect emergency power solution on small to medium-sized generators.
- Reduced blinking of lights when A/C starts at home.
- EasyStart your home or business A/C in power emergencies.
- Be the only one on your blocks sleeping cool all though the night after a weather disaster.
- Supports both 115 and 230VAC motors.
- Specialized fault checks not found in any other soft starter provide further protection for your compressor.
- The EastStart 368 comes in two sizes, capable of supporting up to 48,000 or 72,000 BTU (6 ton) compressor. It includes a unique resistant and UV protected enclosure.
Micro-Air 368 Specs:
- Transparent Enclosure Dimensions: 9.45L x 4.72W x 2.95H in (40L x 120W x 75H mm)
- Wire Harness Length: 32 in (0.8m)
Micro-Air 368 Maintenance
The box and entry are water tight and can withstand normal rain events. The box should not be pressure washed since it is not rated for high power water jet cleaning. It can be washed with a mild soap and water solution.
Is my EasyStart a Bluetooth Model?
There are a few ways to identify if the EasyStart is a Bluetooth model. Bluetooth operation is a diagnostic aid to monitor and modify EasyStart and does not control your A/C like a thermostat. Ideally, the Bluetooth interface will not be needed, however there are some circumstances for its use. It only communicates with a smart device through the official EasyStart app. Non-Bluetooth models cannot be upgraded in the field or at factory to Bluetooth models.
- Model numbers with a -BLUE suffix are Bluetooth models, for example: ASY-368-X48-BLUE
- Inspect the lid of EasyStart and there should be a Bluetooth sticker,
- Models with opaque lids are not Bluetooth models.
- Inspect the long edges of the EasyStart circuit board for the Bluetooth chip as shown below. It may be obscured by the large black capacitor in the box.
How and Where would be the best mounting location?
EasyStart can be mounted in any position except with the wiring harness pointing up. This is because the capacitor in the box cannot be mounted with its bottom as the highest point. Any mounting that maintains this position is acceptable.
The EasyStart enclosure is rated IP65 which means it can have direct weather contact. For best longevity, EasyStart should be mounted in a more protected area whenever possible. Do not block evaporator airflow with EasyStart in the evaporator hot air flow as this can cause failure in EasyStart and un desirable air conditioner operation.
Physical mounting methods include double sided foam tape, screws and zip ties. Be very careful using screws or drilling as refrigerant tubes can easily be punctured.
Download the App:
The app can be downloaded form the App Store or Google Play Store. IT is called “EasyStart” by CseaTec LLC. Allow any permissions asked for by the app so that the app has access to the smart device’s Bluetooth functionality.
Connecting to EasyStart:
A smart device with the EasyStart app downloaded to it is required to use EasyStart’s Bluetooth interface. EasyStart itself must be powered to establish a connection. Typically, this is when a cooling or heating cycle is called for by the thermostat. NOTE: Some A/C systems will shut down if a fault occurs and remove power. You must move the EasyStart black and white wires to the input side of power so that you can connect to EasyStart if needed in these circumstances.
Some versions of Android have Bluetooth permissions as subset of location services permissions. These versions of Android mean that location services must be allowed for the app to function. If you have difficulty connecting, please verify this permission in:
Micro-Air 368 Safety and Warnings:
- AC Power can be dangerous or lethal if the proper safeguards are bit understood or preformed.
- If you are not sure of any aspect of this installation or proper safety when working with AC line voltages, please seek installation by a qualified HVAC or electrical professional
- Turn off all power to the air conditioning system before proceeding
- Read all instructions before installation
- Capacitors can store a charge and should be discharged by touching both terminal simultaneously with an insulated screw driver. Three terminal caps should use the “C” terminal to short each of the other two terminals.
Bluetooth operation with EasyStart is designed to provide diagnostic feedback when troubleshooting an A/C system. It should be used only by qualified HVAC technicians and HVAC engineers with a good understanding of the system. Changing fault detection, limits and values in the Bluetooth application for EasyStart can damage the connected compressors or EasyStart under some circumstances. Please use our EasyStart Knowledge Bank or contact us using the Micro-Air Contact Us Page for more assistance.
EasyStart Residential Installation Guide
EasyStart Bluetooth Diagnostics Manual
EasyStart Advanced Troubleshooting
|Select a Model|