Tripp Lite 1250 Watt 12V Inverter Charger APS1250
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Tripp Lite’s APS1250 DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line-to-battery transfer and integrated charging system serves as an extended run UPS, a standalone power source or an automotive inverter. Supplies up to 1250 watts of continuous 120V AC power to 2 AC outlets from any 12V battery or automotive DC source. OverPower inverter output feature temporarily provides up to 150% of the continuous output for 1-60 minutes and DoubleBoost inverter output feature delivers up to 200% of the continuous output for up to 10 seconds, providing the extra power needed to cold start heavy-duty tools and motorized equipment. When AC cable is connected to a live wall socket, commercial power passes through to connected equipment and the battery set is recharged via 3 stage, 30 amp charging system. In UPS mode, the APS system responds to blackouts and voltage fluctuations with a near instantaneous automatic transfer to battery-derived AC output. Includes a set of high current DC input terminals for simple installation (user supplies batteries and cabling – see owner’s manual for recommendations). Passes sine wave utility or generator power during battery charging and UPS line power operation, plus efficient PWM sine wave AC output in inverter and UPS backup modes. Reliable large transformer design, with frequency control powers resistive electronic loads or large inductive motors, compressors and other items with high current needs on startup. Optional APSRM4 wired remote power switch with full status LEDs provides remote power inverter on/off switching and continuous status information (APSRM4 sold separate). Supports an unlimited amount of runtime with any number of user-supplied batteries connected. Highly adaptable to a variety of applications and site conditions with adjustable charger settings for wet/gel battery types and selectable line to battery power transfer voltages.
Part Number: APS1250
Versatile inverter/charger system with auto-transfer switching serves as an automotive inverter for RVs, over-the-road trucking, conversion vans and fleet service vehicles; a standalone alternative power source for off-grid, alternative energy or export applications and as an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) for items compatible with a 16.6 millisecond transfer time.
- APS1250 serves as an automotive or stationary DC-to-AC inverter with automatic line-to-battery transfer and integrated battery charger.
- Supports 120V AC output from a 120V AC line power source or 12V DC battery source.
- 16.6 millisecond automatic transfer between line and battery power supports UPS protection during blackouts and voltage fluctuations for equipment compatible with a one cycle transfer time.
- 1250 watts continuous AC output in inverter mode, 1440 watts continuous AC output in AC mode.
- Double Boost inverter output supports momentary startup loads up to 200% of the continuous rating for up to 10 seconds.
- OverPower inverter output supports longer duration overloads to 150% for 1-60 minutes under ideal battery and temperature conditions (For best results, utilize OverPower usage for as short of a duration as possible, ensure battery bank and cabling is able to provide full nominal DC voltage under load and allow inverter/charger to fully cool before and after OverPower usage).
- 3 stage, 30 amp battery charger with adjustable settings for wet/gel battery types offers fast, reliable battery recharging.
- Protected hardwire bolt-down input lugs safely accept heavy gauge input wiring from attached battery bank.
- Two built-in NEMA 5-15R output receptacles pass 120V line power or inverter output through to connected equipment.
- Reliability enhanced large-transformer design with secure mounting flanges and protected DC wiring terminals.
- Moisture-resistant construction enables vehicular or marine operation in high humidity environments.
- 3 position operating mode switch supports “AUTO” mode to enable automatic transfer between DC and AC modes, CHARGE-ONLY to maintain a full battery charge when AC is present without auto transfer and SYSTEM OFF settings.
- Set of six front panel LEDs display AC/DC operational modes, overload status, DC voltage level, shutdown status and system fault status.
- Set of 4 configuration dipswitches support wet/gel battery charging profiles, adjustable 135/145V high voltage auto transfer during overvoltages and selectable 75/85/95/105V AC low voltage auto transfer during brownouts.
- Re-settable 8A charger AC input breaker and re settable 12A AC output breaker and automatic 2 speed cooling fan protect the inverter from load and temperature related failures.
- Grounding lug properly connects the inverter/charger system to earth ground or vehicle grounding system.
- Automatic overload and thermal shutoff safely turns off inverter as excessive loads or overheating conditions develop.
- Front panel remote control connector enables remote off/on switching (requires APSRM4 switch accessory).
- Optional APSRM4 accessory also includes user configurable jacks to support inverter shutoff or startup as a vehicle ignition is engaged.
- Voltage compatibility: 12V DC / 120V AC
- Frequency compatibility: 60 Hz
- Output watts: 1250W (continuous) / 2500W (peak)
- Output nominal voltage: 120V (AC) / 12V (DC Charger)
- Output frequency regulation: 2 NEMA 5-15R
- Overload protection: YES
- DC system voltage: 12V
- Battery recharge rate: 30A
- Transfer time from line power to battery mode: 16.6 milliseconds
- Cooling method: Multi-speed fan
- Unit weight: 23.5 lbs.
- Unit Dimensions (H x W x D): 7 x 8.75 x 9 in.
- Warranty: 1 year (Outside the U.S. and Canada, call for warranty information)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.