Morningstar MSC PC MeterBus Adapter RJ-11 to RS-232
- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The Morningstar MSC PC Meterbus Adapter converts a controllers meter port (RJ-11 phone type connector) to a standard RS-232 serial connector for connection to a PC or other equipment. The MSC may be used with any Morningstar controller or inverter equipped with a meter connection that does not also already have a RS-232 port.
By converting to RS-232, the MSC allows Morningstars controllers and inverters to communicate with a variety of third party serial enabled devices such as:
- A PC running Morningstars MS View software or any other compatible software.
- A serial enabled device such as an internet gateway.
- Another MODBUS enabled hardware device at the site that needs to access solar system information.
Establishing a communications link enables the monitoring or logging of data from the controller or inverter as well as the customizing of any user-adjustable settings. The MSC makes available a wide variety of data stored in Morningstars products such as (varies by product):
- Battery Voltage (including minimum and maximum)
- Solar charge current to the battery
- Load current from the battery
- Accumulated solar and load amp hours
- Charge Stage
- Errors and alarms
- Local and battery temperature
- Data logging files
All data is transmitted in the form of MODBUS protocol. This industry standard was chosen for a high level of compatibility with a variety of equipment. Each Morningstar product has its own data specification (see our website for full details).
The MSC is sold as a kit that includes the following:
- Meterbus Adapter
- RS-232 cable with connectors: 1.8 meters (5.9 feet)
- RJ-11 cable with connectors: 1 meter (3.3 feet)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.